Terms & Conditions Beer For a Year
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Marston’s Beer Company Limited (company number FC0374707) with its UK establishment office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the “Promoter”) in conjunction with the promotion administrator, HRG (UK) Limited (company number 02527817) Mercury House 8 Sandy Way, Grange Park, Northampton, NN4 5EJ │ www.marstons.co.uk
- This Promotion is open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, HRG (UK) Limited, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- Promotion Period: 00:01 on 05 10 2020 until 23.59 on 30 11 2020.
- No purchase necessary.
- Maximum one prize per person.
- To enter: Text BEER to 66777. Entrants must have a working telephone number.
- Texts are charged at your service provider’s standard network rate. Texts may not be included in any text inclusive packages. Users on virtual mobile networks may not be able to text the short code. Check with your network provider. Please check with the bill payer before sending a text entry. Entrants are advised to take care when submitting an entry; the Promoter is not responsible for mistypes and incorrect texts may still be charged. Only correctly submitted entries will be accepted. For the avoidance of doubt, text entries featuring spelling mistakes will be disqualified. Capital or lowercase letters will both be accepted. Entries received after the closing date will not be entered but may still be charged.
- A maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person per day. No bulk or 3rd party entries accepted. Anyone entering more than once using multiple handsets, multiple identities or computerised (automated) system will be disqualified from the promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Incomplete, illegible, invalid, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Prize: 1 Prize of Hobgoblin beer for a year (360 cans). The prize will be split into 4 deliveries: 4 cases during December 2020, 3 cases during March 2021, 4 cases during June 2021, 3 cases during September 2021.
- The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the UK Chief Medical Officers’ Low Risk Drinking Guidelines that are available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/alcohol-consumption-advice-on-low-risk-drinking. Entry and continued participation in this promotion is subject to the licensee’s liquor serving policy.
- All prizes, and any specific elements therein, are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize or reward (as applicable) of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Winner Selection: The winner will be drawn at random under independent supervision and administered by the promotion administrator, from all correct, valid entries received. The draw will take place within 3 working days of 30.11.2020.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to submit entries), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to generate additional entries in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if we consider it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, we may elect to make available a list of winner’s surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and for promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. For regulatory reasons, photographs of winners who are under 25 years of age, or who appear to be under 25 years of age, will not be used in publicity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and proof of ID (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. By participating in the promotion, you accept these terms & conditions and are bound by all the rules in full.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to user error or any network, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the Promotion
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the prize draws.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions and any related disputes are subject to interpretation under the laws of England and Wales, and to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless your residential address is in Scotland, when Scottish law applies or in the Republic of Ireland, when Irish law applies